Whether I’m making fish tacos, chicken enchiladas, or spicy shredded beef tacos, I always pair my Tex Mex with salsa! I like to play around with my salsa pairings, sometimes going traditional tomato or mixing it up with pineapple or mango. What’s become a staple on Tex Mex nights is this spicy cilantro cream sauce concoction. This simple sauce is super simple to throw together but packs some serious flavor and completely replaces the need for a dollop of sour cream. I usually make a double batch so I can use it as a dressing to drizzle over taco salads the next night.
- 4 ounces (1/2 a package) cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (use more or less to suit your taste)
- 1/4 small jalapeño, seeded (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Directions (SUPER SIMPLE!)
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy!
2. Pour into a serving bowl or store in an airtight container to serve later. Enjoy!